This sector is one of the most experienced in thermography with applications such as welding, NDTs, heat treatments, among others to which the bcbMonitor 4.0 and FLIR cameras can be perfectly adapted.
The adaptation of thermographic technology for inspection in certain processes in the automotive sector allows it to be maintained as the undisputed pillar of Industry 4.0.
Thermography is today an essential component in control, production and quality applications, as well as to increase efficiency.
Monitoring these processes and their applications with thermography is possible with our systems:
- Thermal inspection in Die Casting (HPDC and LPDC), Gravity Casting
- Sand mold drying
- Lost wax mold preparation
- Checking liquid metal temperature.
- Refractory monitoring in melting and holding furnaces.
Heat treatment and surface modification are key technologies today to achieve the hardness, toughness and mechanical resistance that metals require to get durability.
The supervision of these processes with the bcbMonitor 4.0 and high speed FLIR cameras allow an adequate control and analysis of the temperature. Some applications are:
- Continuous thermographic inspection according to CQI-9 in austenitized by induction
- Monitoring at the exit of austenitizing furnaces
- Tempered, Solubilized and Aged
- Checking quench by water or air
- Continuous inspection of refractory in furnaces
Hot forming is a process that involves high temperatures to obtain a more ductile material allowing deformation applying less force. The subsequent rapid cooling gives it its high-strength martensitic structure.
The bcbDieScan software, together with FLIR thermal imaging cameras, allows the entire process to be monitored autonomously and continuously and locate thermal imbalances, generating alarms in different formats that promptly report the incident.
Some of the most important applications within the hot forming process, where the software is applicable are:
- Checking blanks at the exit of the Hot Stamping oven (batch type and continuous type)
- Tooling inspection in Hot Stamping press.
- Checking of billets and die temperature in the Forge.
- Continuous inspection of sheets, heating with resistors and thermoforming molds
Advanced systems such as the bcbTestBench and state-of-the-art FLIR cameras allow these quality standards to be achieved through test benches that allow temperature control and monitoring to rule out defective products in TIER1 and TIER2 OEM production units.
The applications for this type of test are the following:
- Temperature control on heated seats
- Tire defects
- Tests on HVAC components
- Defects in windshield and heated medallions
- Heating in engines
- Verification in exhaust systems
- High speed tests in aribag